Do you have a special event coming up and need hospitality personnel? Consider Parties Unlimited, Parties Unlimited is a premier bartender and food server staffing company. Parties Unlimited specialize in home and office parties, wedding receptions and special events. Serving the Emerald Coast from 30A, Rosemary Beach, Seacrest, Seaside, Watercolor, Santa Rosa Beach, Miramar Beach, Destin, and Fort Walton Beach. For more information about Parties Unlimited go to www.PartiesUnlimited.net On a more personal note I highly recommend Terrell Tourelle at Parties Unlimited, I have known Terrell for over 10 years, he is reliable, and he has the respect of his service teams and that will ease your mind on your special day!
I would like to share a few tips with you on how to prepare for freezing temperatures in the Florida Panhandle.
1) It hardly ever freezes along the Emerald Coast and when it does get down to 32 degrees or below it usually will not last long.
2) Outdoor faucets are vulnerable to cold temperatures, remove and drain your water hose. If you think you need more protection, protect the faucet by using insulation and then place a plastic bag over the insulation.
3) Bring vulnerable outdoor potted plants inside, then return them to the outdoors as soon as possible to prevent pest such as lizard’s ants or spiders from moving from the plant to your home. Another option is to cover the plants with plastic outside in order to keep the frost off of the foliage. Make sure the plant is not in direct sunlight with plastic on it as this could cause sunburn to the foliage.
4) Drain all the gas out of your lawn mowers, weed eater, etc., or let them run until they are out of gas. The gas may gel in cold temperatures and cause mechanical problems.
5) Irrigation systems may need protection and the best thing for exposed pipes and valves that stick out of the ground is to wrap them with foil insulation tape. For above ground pumps, you can drain them or you can wrap them with some type of insulation. If you choose to insulate, make sure you are only wrapping the metal housing and not the pump motor.
I hope these quick tips are helpful and remember contact us if you have a second home, unoccupied property in the area...we will make your home happy while you are away.
Do you have a Wind Mitigation Report on your Florida Home? Did you know you may receive a discount on your home owners insurance with a favorable Wind Mitigation Report? If not you should know about this money saving report, this $75 inspection/report could save you thousands of dollars next year and much more in the years to come on your home owners Insurance Policy.
A wind mitigation report determines how your home will hold up under the hurricane conditions we face in Florida each year. After the storms of 2004 and 2005 the State of Florida changed the building codes requirements to help homes along the coast withstand stronger winds than ever before.
If your roof was installed after 2004 there is a chance your home will pass this report with flying colors. Credits are issued based on the thickness of the plywood used, nails or screws must be installed within the spacing requirements and the largest credit comes if hurricane clips are installed.
If you do not have a Wind Mitigation discount on your home owners insurance, contact your agent about this money saving report, and if you need an inspector for your report contact me for a list of certified inspectors.....I am glad to help.